Roller Coaster Design Worksheet
ROLLER COASTER DETECTIVE
- What is the height, between B and C?
- What is the centripetal acceleration at C?
- What is the radius of the track at C?
- How high is location D?
- What is the radius of the track at location D?
- How fast is the car traveling at location E?
- How far is the spring compressed from its hanging position,
- If the car traveled up the first hill in 1.2 minutes, then how
much power was used to pull it up the hill in horsepower?
1) 62.04 m 2) 29.4 m/s2 3) 41.7 m 4) 55.15 m 5)
7.34 m 6) 28.86 m/s 7) 5.89 m
8) 8.76 hp, 6533 w
If you use or find this page useful or have any
comments, please contact the author so maybe he'll do more.
Author: Tony Wayne
"ROLLER COASTER PHYSICS" TABLE
OF CONTENTS ... PHYSICS PAVILION TABLE OF
SECTION ... NEXT SECTION -->