To build a device that propels a tennisball the farthest distance
along a straight line.
1. The catapult cannot be made from dangerous or explosive
2. No fire may be used.
3. The device CANNOT be a slingshot type device. The
main mechanism for propelling the tennis ball CANNOT consist
of a holding device that the ball sits in connected to any elastic
4. The catapult must fit within a box 1m X 1m X 1m.
5. In the event of a distance tie, the winner will be the
6. The catapult CANNOT use humans as it power
Points will be awarded in proportion to the distance the tennisball
travels. The ball that travels the farthest gets all the points. The
rest of the points are awarded proportionally to the distance the
ball is from the farthest traveling ball.
Go to the Contest Home Page